Schools Catholic High, St. Joseph's Academy, B. R. High School, St. Aloysius, Westdale Heights Magnet, BR Visual and Performing Arts Center, St. James Episcopal, Trinity Episcopal, Episcopal School of BR, Louisiana Key Academy, Country Day School
BUYERS AGENTS WELCOME. Authentic Craftsman home built in 1936, fully restored and updated, located in the hub of Mid-City's economic and social resurgence, with an abundance of restaurant choices, local businesses, great retail shopping, a variety of grocery stores, and other options, many within walking distance. The interior design retains elements of the Craftsman period while providing features desired in homes today -- high ceilings, an open concept great room with kitchen, eating bar, wet bar, breakfast nook/home office, two large pantries, and a family room. There is an adjacent ensuite guest bedroom with French doors onto the patio. Double doors open into the Master suite's spacious hallway with three large closets, including her 14' long walk-in. The master bath has a spa-like aura enhanced by a private garden. The master bedroom contains his walk-in closet and has two floor length windows and French doors that open out onto a porch, private garden and patio. A short covered walkway connects to the adjacent hobby room and garage. The front 700 sq ft of the downstairs contains a 27' long dining room open to the living room, perfect for large family gatherings. Upstairs are a full bath, two bedrooms with double doors opening onto a large landing, and a bonus room. Updating and/or refreshing of the infrastructure systems and interior/exterior spaces were performed in 2019-20, including 3 40 gallon hot water heaters replaced within past two months, with 6 year warranties. Special features:
* Custom designed cabinetry built onsite.
* 80+ year old cypress reclaimed from original walls used throughout the Great Room area
* High-end stainless-steel appliances.
* Custom-made Prairie style French doors (4 sets) open onto patios
* Wonderful outdoor living areas and landscaping: a 250 year old live oak, a brick-floored dining porch and patio, 12-15 foot tall camellias, two fabulous magnolias, crepe myrtles lining the property. Plus other delightful trees, garden areas, raised flower beds, and hardscape.
* Over 1100 sq ft of porches surrounding most of the house.
* The open garage has two rooms in the rear. The workroom has double doors to allow easy entrance for the riding mower plus ample space for outdoor equipment, tools, a work bench, and 80 linear feet of shelving. The hobby room has an AC/Heat unit, a refrigerator, a work station, and a shelved storage area (48 linear feet).
* Three zoned HVAC systems (heat pumps) and bedroom ceiling fans = lower energy costs.
* Three separate attics, all with lighting and wood floors.
* A great neighborhood with family events hosted throughout the year, plus dedicated bike and walking paths. Four blocks away, Webb Park has a great playground, the most popular of BREC's golf courses, plus a BREC Recreation and Senior Center.
* Easy commute to downtown, LSU, 3 award-winning high schools, and several good elementary schools.
Pre-approval letter required. Call to schedule your private showing - (225) 802-2886.
Stainless Steel Appliances
Laundry Electric Hookup
No Carpet in Home
His & Hers Vanities
Wood Burning Fireplace
His & Her Closets
Split Floor Plan
Energy Efficient Systems
Outdoor Cooking Area
Family Room/Great Room
Main Floor Bathroom
Main Floor Bedroom
Low Traffic Street
Community Activity Center
Community Golf Course
For additional information on this property click here.
This property has had 12881 views
Information provided is for viewer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties the viewer may be interested in. All information is deemed reliable but its accuracy is not guaranteed and the viewer should independently verify all information.