Schools Catholic High, St. Joseph's Academy, B. R. High School, St. Aloysius, Westdale Heights Magnet, BR Visual and Performing Arts Center, St. James Episcopal, Trinity Episcopal, Episcopal School of BR, Louisiana Key Academy, Country Day School
Authentic Craftsman home built 1936. Upstairs renovated 1993. A major addition and renovation of the downstairs in 2000 was managed by Robert Zwirn, LSU Professor of Architecture, from the conceptual phase, to overseeing the construction, through completion of the interior and a unique fence to complement the home. Further renovations and additions (2011, 2013). Updating of the infrastructure systems and interior/exterior spaces (2019). The interior design, while consistent with the nuances of the Craftsman period, provides all of the elements essential to homes of today, such as high ceilings, an open concept great room with kitchen, eating bar, wet bar, breakfast nook/home office, two large pantries, and family room plus a Master Suite. The great room’s entrance foyer features a custom-made leaded-glass door. An ensuite bedroom with French doors onto the patio makes a lovely guest room. The original part of the house contains the open concept living room and dining room (can seat 14 to 18 dinner guests). Upstairs are a full bath, two bedrooms with double doors opening onto a large landing, and a bonus room. Special features include
* All cabinetry in the addition was custom designed and built onsite by local craftsmen
* 80-100 year old cypress was reclaimed from the original kitchen walls and used for the eating and wet bars, the nook’s banquette, and guest half-bath vanity
* Kitchen has updated premium all stainless-steel appliances
* Custom-made Prairie style French doors (4 sets) that open onto the patios complement the linearity of the Craftsman style
* Master suite/retreat - enter through double doors into a spacious hallway; an abundance of closets include her 14' walk-in closet; a master bath with a spa-like aura enhanced by a private garden; the master bedroom contains his walk-in closet and two floor length widows flanking French doors that open onto a porch, private garden and patio; a covered walkway leads to the hobby room and garage; the utility room is conveniently placed between the master bath and bedroom.
* Wonderful outdoor areas and landscaping: a 250-300 year old live oak is the focal point of the main outdoor living area. The brick patio and side porch look out onto a stand of 12-15 foot tall camellias. In front, two fabulous magnolias welcome guests and provide a protective feature. Crepe myrtles planted by the original owners line both sides of the property. Many other delightful trees, several garden areas, raised flower beds and hardscape enhance the outdoor areas.
* The garage/carport (two solid walls and one custom slatted wall but no garage door) has two 12 x 12 work/storage rooms in the rear. The outdoor workroom has double doors from the garage to allow easy entrance for a riding mower. The hobby room has an AC/Heat unit, a refrigerator, a work bench, and a storage area plus its own circuit box that has a connection to an exterior outlet for a generator (Add a blow-up bed and TV .... Voila! A hurricane room)
* Three zoned HVAC systems (heat pumps) and bedroom ceiling fans support lower energy costs
* Three separate attics are individually accessed; all have lighting and wood floors
* Located in the hub of Mid-City’s economic and social resurgence, with an abundance of restaurant choices (from fast to fancy, but all fun and fabulous), local businesses, great retail shopping, a variety of grocery stores, and many other options to explore.
* A great neighborhood with strong neighborhood associations, connections and family events; within walking distance, Webb Park has a playground, the most popular of BREC's golf courses, plus a BREC Recreation and Senior Center. We have security patrols but more than that, we have people who value a neighborhood with comradery, concern and respect for each other.
Pre-approval letter required. Call to schedule your private showing - (225) 802-2886.
Stainless Steel Appliances
Laundry Electric Hookup
No Carpet in Home
His & Hers Vanities
Wood Burning Fireplace
His & Her Closets
Split Floor Plan
Energy Efficient Systems
Outdoor Cooking Area
Family Room/Great Room
Main Floor Bathroom
Main Floor Bedroom
Low Traffic Street
Community Golf Course
Community Activity Center
For additional information on this property click here.
This property has had 1367 views
Information provided is for viewer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties the viewer may be interested in. All information is deemed reliable but its accuracy is not guaranteed and the viewer should independently verify all information.